Reality Check is a 2015 American 3D traditionally animated science fiction action comedy puff film produced by TjsWorld2011 Pictures and NovaStar Animation for 20th Century Fox. It was the thirteenth feature film produced by TW2011 Pictures, as well as the fourth produced by NovaStar Animation. Its plot follows three high school students who seek to prove the new student in their school has psychokinetic abilities, to which dangerous consequences follow.
The film was released in theaters and RealD 3D on July 17, 2015 by 20th Century Fox, and received mostly positive reviews from critics. It was later released on Digital HD, DVD and Blu-ray on November 3, 2015.
- Jace Norman as Adam
- Troy Baker as David
- NovaStar302601 as Harris
- Grey DeLisle as Susan
More coming soon!
- The film's teaser trailer was released on November 2, 2014, and was attached to V/H/S: Viral and other films. The original teaser poster for the film was made in January 2015.
- The film's first theatrical trailer was released on February 24, 2015, just as the first new overhauled teaser poster for the film was released (which included an overhauled look on it); it was attached to films such as Furious 7 and The Longest Ride.
- The film's second theatrical trailer was released on April 2, 2015 and was attached to films such as Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 and Pitch Perfect 2.
- TV spots for the film started airing on several networks starting on May 22, 2015.
The film recieved mostly positive reviews from critics. Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes has given the film a rating of 75% with the consensus stating, "Introducing a fascinating plot and great characters and humor, Reality Check is another great TW2011 film."
The film was released on Digital HD, DVD and Blu-ray on November 3, 2015. It contains a short film titled Reality Check: Revelations, a mini-documentary on the fictional Susan Greslin scandal, including news interviews and others, narrated by Adam (Jace Norman).
|Reality Check: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
June 30, 2015
The soundtrack to the film was released on June 30, 2015 by Columbia Records. The film's score was composed by Henry Jackman.
To read this film's main transcript, go here.
To read this film's trailer transcripts, go here.
In February 2015, TjsWorld2011 stated that the production crew is working on an idea for a sequel to the film, which he said would feature the three main characters from it but would probably not continue from the original plot of this film. He also said they would consider greenlighting a sequel if the film does well in theatres.
- MacFarlane High School is named after Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane.